28 May 2010

Life List No. 29 Obliterate My Credit Card Debt

Hi friends, It hasn't been all Midnight Moon and Oma over here.  I've been busting my behind, in earnest, to tick #29 off my life list and I'm here to tell you that...EGADS, I've done it!  Honestly.   I can hardly believe it.  This is awesome for so many reasons.  I reached my time goal.  Holy Cow! Credit debt free before 30.    What's that I hear?  A savings account?  Retirement?  CD?  IRA?  Months of not living extravagantly have paid off AND proved not to be so trying.  The sky is the limit!  I had two feelings as I submitted the last e-payment to the credit bear 1. I'm almost free.  2. Oh ass, this is a lot of money.    I can't promise I'll never carry a balance on my credit card again.   Unforeseen circumstances do arise, but I thought of something to say to my future self: "Self, don't go into credit debt for ten years without a consciousness about you.  Do you really want to pay for that Yves Saint Laurent Parfum and that Mulberry bag when your kids are in fifth grade?" **much vigorous finger wagging**

I've learned so much about how to live manageably and affordably.   I will continue to shop at the Goodwill.  I will continue to order things from Target and Old Navy online (surprisingly saves me money and guilt.  I buy what I need and don't feel guilty for having left something I don't need in the store), I will still prepare many meals at home.  I will still choose walks with Ashkenaz Spice over some more expensive entertainment option, I will continue to bargain hunt when it comes to things like my awesome panniers and bike rack.    In short, I will continue to be my fabulous self.  Without a huge debt monkey strapped to my back.  What to do with all this newfound freedom?  Hopefully start saving with the same fervor I applied to kicking this credit debt in the rear end.

No comments:

Post a Comment